Natureza carries out groundbreaking development of novel anti-infective agents. We have developed two agents that fulfil unmet healthcare needs for treatments against organisms with a high level of resistance to treatment agents. Together these represent a transformative breakthrough in the search for treatments against the growing worldwide threat of AMR.
- Active against Candida auris, formulated as a topical agent or lyophilised in an enteric coated capsule. Also suitable for use as a surface disinfectant. Potent activity in in vitro trials, stable formulations. Target indications are treatment of Candida auris infections and surface disinfection in healthcare environments.
- Active against Pseudomonas as single cells or in biofilms. Formulated as a lyophilised inhalable powder sized to penetrate to the alveoli in the lungs. This agent also shows anti-inflammatory activity in T cell models. Target indications are lung infections, early pulmonary fibrosis.
We are looking to license our patented agents for clinical development/co-development.
Characteristics of Natureza’s agents are:
- No antibiotic resistance seen or developed on extended testing
- Activity against WHO priority pathogens
- Activity against multidrug resistant pathogens
- Candida Auris
- Carbapenem resistant Enterobacteriaceae
- MRSA, VISA
- Anti inflammatory activity in formulation PY-1, more effective than cyclosporine
Patent/Patent Application Listing
U.S. Patent No. 9,055,745 issued 06-16-2015
U.S. Patent No. 9,538,748 issued 01-10-2017
U.S. Patent No. 10,786,477 issued 09-29-2020
U.S. Patent Application No. 17/035508 filed 09-28-2020
U.S. Patent No. 11,351,134 issued 06-07-2022
U.S. Patent Application No. 17/832786 filed 06-06-2022
Canadian Patent No. 2,832,490 granted 06-21-2016
European Patent No. 2696677 granted 08-11-2021
Canadian Patent Application No. 2,968,824 filed 05-10-2018
European Patent No. 3206669 granted 01-27-2021
Canadian Patent Application No. 3,072,197 filed 03-05-2020
European Patent Application No. 18843511.9 filed 03-11-2020
Natureza Inc. is an offshoot of Biosafe Technologies Inc. which markets its head lice formula in the U.S. and Europe. Lynn James Meyer is the product developer, founder and CEO of Biosafe Technologies and Natureza. In Brazil in the early 1990’s several plant based derivatives were discovered to have insecticidal properties against ectoparasites. She developed a head lice treatment as part of her determination to introduce a natural, non-toxic solution. She subsequently returned to the US where, in 2000, she incorporated Biosafe Technologies, launched her product in the US and commenced further testing at Bristol University with a research specialist, Dr Coles, a Cambridge graduate and ScD who shared her commitment to making positive contributions to humanity. In 2003 she introduced her product in Europe where it still has wide distribution. In 2010 Mrs. James-Meyer appointed Dr Tristan Cogan Bsc (Hons) PhD, senior lecturer at the University of Bristol, UK as Natureza’s Anti-Microbial Project Manager. Their collaboration has led to the transformative advances against AMR described above.